Here at Riverside Shutters, we’re often asked similar questions from our first-time customers.
What are plantation shutters? What are shutters for? How to decorate windows with plantation shutters like the pros?
And of course, what are the advantages of plantation shutters for the average home?
The way we see it, there are many reasons why any home could benefit from the installation of plantation shutters. Or more accurately, 10 reasons to consider installing plantation shutters we’d like to share with you now:
- Looks. First of all, the moment you install plantation shutters is the moment you see your home in a whole new light. Internal or external, the right shutters can make all the difference.
- Privacy. Decorating with plantation shutters also brings your home a new level of privacy. When you want to completely hide your interiors from the outside world, plantation shutters get the job done instantly.
- Ventilation. Another benefit of plantation shutters is their capacity to allow for effective ventilation, while still providing your home with complete privacy.
- Easy Cleaning. Quality plantation shutters are comprehensively easy to clean. And therefore, easy to keep looking as good as new for the long-term.
- Durability. Likewise, the very best plantation shutters on the market are built to go the distance with little to no maintenance required. Your shutters will serve your home with pride indefinitely, so it’s also great that these kinds of classic good looks never go out of style.
- Efficiency. Quality plantation shutters can be surprisingly effective as insulators for your home. By adding an extra layer of insulation, you immediately reduce the amount of energy required to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Over time, this has the potential to add up to serious savings – not to mention year-round comfort.
- Child Safety. Unlike other types of blinds and window dressings, plantation shutters don’t feature any cords or wires. Which in turn makes them much safer for use in home where young children may get tangled up in the usual cords and strings.
- These days, premium plantation shutters can be designed and manufactured in just about any style imaginable. Whatever it takes to bring your home the most flawless and seamless decorative additions, your unique plantation shutters decorating ideas can be brought to life with ease.
- Simplicity. What’s more, plantation shutters are uniquely simple to use and will not jam, tangle or cause the kinds of problems associated with most other types of blinds.
- Property Values. Last but not least, high-end plantation shutters have been shown to have a positive effect on overall property values. Which means that when the right shutters are installed on the right property, they’ve every potential to pay for themselves further down the line, perhaps several times over.
For more information or to discuss the ideal shutters for your home, get in touch with the Riverside Shutters design team today.